21 marketing tips to maximise lead generation in 2021
Article by: Media Matters
- Turn to automation for smart email marketing that’s always on. If someone enters your database via email sign up or downloading content, placing them into an email sequence before passing the lead to sales can help you understand their motivations in more depth.
- Make your email marketing lists a key focus and part of your strategy. Data is valuable and being able to segment lists and send highly targeted emails can increase engagement and conversions.
- Split test your subject lines to ensure you’re achieving maximum results and are being seen by as many of your audience as possible with subject lines that capture your audience’s attention.
- Create an in-depth, considered content marketing strategy, which is supported by keyword research and an analysis of your competitors’ activity. This can help you stay on track, but also allows you to bend and flex when necessary.
- Try out new types of content marketing in 2021, including case studies, experiential landing pages, e-books, whitepapers, quizzes, surveys and blogs.
- Fully utilise the content assets you produce. Share them on social. Send them via email. Include download links in your email signature. Include them in your email nurture sequences.
Social Media Marketing
- Set some key objectives for 2021 and what you want to have achieved by the end of the year. Increased follower count? Higher conversions? Increased posting? All these things can increase lead generation and keep your pipeline healthy.
- Refresh your logos and banner images, and if there are any dormant accounts you no longer use, delete them so all your accounts look exciting, engaging and up to date.
- Use a social media scheduling platform like Loomly, Hootsuite or Facebook Creator Studio to effectively manage and plan your social media themes throughout the months, quarters and year.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising can be truly valuable to businesses looking to drive high-quality, targeted, high-value marketing leads. Thorough keyword research and a joined-up user experience can yield impressive returns on investment and keep your pipeline topped up.
- Ensure your online advertising campaigns are tagged and fully tracked so you can attribute inbound leads to this, determine ROI and make informed decisions on future activity.
- Invest in professionals who can fully manage your online advertisements to get the very best results. There are multiple variables when it comes to advertising on PPC or social platforms and using an agency with expertise in this area can help your budget go further.
Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
- Run an to target a key account you’ve had your eye on for a while and convert this into a new client or customer!
- Create new personas for 2021, as some of the challenges or pain points clients face may have changed in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Consider using your industry expertise to create insight videos, or even a podcast, to act as a key lead magnet when it comes to an ABM campaign – the sky’s the limit and it’s a great chance to get creative.
- Review your key website pages and ensure they’re as appealing and user-friendly as they can be. Check key forms and make sure it’s easy for customers to find case studies, reviews and key information like price lists or services.
- Regularly add new content to your website in the form of blogs, pages or news to keep Google happy and crawling your website and its pages.
- Maximise conversion rates with experiential landing pages, which bring together key aspects of your company’s offering to a certain customer type or industry. This can include your USPs in that area, blogs around the topic and some case studies and reviews from happy customers. It’s a one-stop-shop for potential clients in that industry and is a great way to showcase everything you can offer them.
- Marketing is an ever-changing discipline with new tools and opportunities at every turn. The above tips are just a snapshot at how you can ramp up marketing in 2021 and partnering with a specialist inbound marketing agency could help you increase your inbound leads even more.
- Partnering with a marketing agency gives you the flexibility to pull on a range of skills and specialisms within a single organisation, and they can also advise on best practice to keep your pipeline healthy.
- A specialist inbound marketing agency will support your business in converting MQLs to SQLs, and then into valuable customers and clients using a variety of tactics that you may not have considered yourself.